WordPress Training, Lancashire
Interact are dedicated to supporting the needs of local and nationwide businesses, clubs and individuals looking for affordable web design services and a website designer who can help them through every step of planning and creating a website.
Learn WordPress From the Experts
Text & Image Changes
We can show you how to make basic changes to your website without having to call for a web developer to make changes for you. Need to add a blog post or change text content? No problem. Change a picture? Easy. We can show you how.
WordPress design is driven by a theme template. Each theme is different, but normal features include colour changes, font adjustments and page layouts. We go through these options to show you how to make the changes.
Additional functionality in WordPress comes from 'Plugins'. There is a library of free plugins for you to use within your webiste. We can show you how to look, install and use needed additional functionality.
Traffic Driving Techniques
WordPress has good and bad points when it comes to SEO. We explain the techniques that should be implemented on the website as well as how and why these techniques work to boost your visitor numbers.
WordPress Group Training
Interact have now expanded to offer tutor led, classroom based group training in Chorley, at the Strawberry Fields developemnt. Please take a look at our Digital Training Lancashire website for information on dates and prices of upcoming courses.
WordPress Course Programme:
Downloading & Installing WordPress
- Finding hosting providers and learning the options available.
- How and where to download WordPress.
- How and where to install a MySQL database.
- How to connect a WordPress website to the database.
Posts, Pages & Plugin
- Learn the differences between pages and posts.
- How to blog and how to find relevant topics to blog about.
- How to optimise and add images / galleries to posts and pages.
- What are plugins and how to make sure they are correct for your requirements.
Templates And Designs
- How WordPress themes work.
- Where to source WordPress themes from, and what you should be looking for.
- Changing theme options such as colours, fonts and page layouts.
- How to update themes and other components safely.
SEO and Marketing
- What is SEO and what techniques are avialable to make the website better.
- Adding Google Analytics and Google Search console.
- Monitoring data and what to look for.
- Adding social media to the website and best posting practises.
Let's get you started
Contact us to begin your improvement journey